What is Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Used to Treat?
Welcome to New Horizons Recovery Centers and our commitment to providing acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT). Our mental health experts recognize the importance of using evidence-based therapies like ACT for successful rehabilitation. We believe that by addressing core issues within every individual, we can empower them with the right skills and acceptance to make positive changes in their lives.
What is ACT?
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy is a form of psychotherapy that uses acceptance strategies combined with committed action to help individuals increase psychological flexibility. This means they are better able to identify personal values, explore difficult emotions and thoughts, and take meaningful action in line with their values. It can be used to treat a variety of conditions including depression, anxiety, substance use disorder, PTSD, and eating disorders among many others.
Why May You Need ACT?
1) To Overcome Unhelpful Thinking Patterns: ACT helps individuals become aware of their unhelpful thinking patterns and replace them with more positive ones. This can be especially useful for those dealing with anxiety or depression as it can help reduce negative self-talk and build resilience to difficult emotions.
2) To Set Goals & Change Behaviors: It helps individuals set realistic goals and change behaviors in line with their values, instead of operating out of fear or avoidance. This can help individuals overcome the vicious cycles they may find themselves stuck in when it comes to substance use disorder or unhealthy relationships.
3) To Become More Present: Through acceptance strategies, individuals are able to stay present in the moment and become more mindful of their thoughts and feelings. This can help individuals better handle stressors as they arise by being aware of the present instead of dwelling on the past or worrying about the future.
4) To Develop Healthy Coping Skills: ACT helps individuals develop healthier coping skills for dealing with difficult emotions and situations. It teaches acceptance without judgment, which is an important skill for managing difficult life events.
5) To Live a Fulfilling Life: By developing greater psychological flexibility, acceptance, and commitment to values-based actions, individuals are able to live a more meaningful life that is truly fulfilling.
Our ACT Program
At New Horizons Recovery Centers our acceptance and commitment therapy program offers comprehensive treatment tailored to meet each individual’s unique needs. Our licensed mental health professionals provide acceptance-based interventions, educational and experiential activities, and treatment components that are specifically tailored to each client’s goals. We also offer additional support services such as relapse prevention planning, career counseling, and family therapy as needed.
1) Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) is a form of psychotherapy used to treat a variety of conditions.
2) ACT helps individuals overcome unhelpful thinking patterns, set goals and change behaviors, become more present, develop healthy coping skills, and live a fulfilling life.
3) New Horizons Recovery Centers offers acceptance and commitment therapy to help individuals reach their rehabilitation goals.
4) Our program offers comprehensive treatment tailored to each individual’s needs and additional support services such as relapse prevention planning, career counseling, and family therapy.
5) Contact us today to learn how acceptance and commitment therapy can help you reach your recovery goals.
At New Horizons Recovery Centers our mission is to provide evidence-based therapies like acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) so that individuals struggling with addiction or mental health issues can make lasting changes in their lives. We understand that treatment and recovery are different for everyone, so our experienced clinical team takes the time to get to know each client in order to create a comprehensive individualized treatment plan. Our acceptance and commitment therapy program is designed to help individuals overcome unhelpful thinking patterns, set goals and change behaviors, become more present, develop healthy coping skills, and live a fulfilling life.
If you or a loved one are struggling with addiction or mental health issues, don’t hesitate to contact us today and learn how acceptance and commitment therapy can help you reach your recovery goals.